History

Founded in 1900

A family business spanning over
five generations

Founded by Sandy Kerr in 1900, we are still strongly committed to providing the best quality dairy products for people across Dundee and surrounding areas. Sandy Kerr opened the doors of our farm (now St John school grounds) where he used traditional methods of dairy farming and provided door-to-door delivery by horse and cart, with the horses ready to go at 4:00 AM every morning 7 days a week 365 days a year.

Kerr’s Dairy survived both World Wars and continues to thrive. Despite changes in technology, customer tastes and farming methods, we have continued to evolve to keep up with customer demands.

History Timeline


  1. Company founded by Sandy Kerr


  2. Sandys Son Jonny Kerr took over the running of the business


  3. Jonny Kerr’s son Ian joined the business


  4. The Dairy farm sold and they opened up a state of the art Dairy Factory on Clepington Road


  5. Kelvin Kerr joined Ian Kerr and John Kerr in the family business


  6. Ian Kerr retired, Kelvin Kerr made Managing Director and Kelvin Kerr Jnr started helping out from the tender age of 12


  7. Ballfield Dairy sold out from Clepington Road (now Kingsway West Retail Park) and they moved to the current premises on Strathmartine Road


  8. Kelvin Kerr Jnr made a director of the company


  9. Kelvin Kerr & Kelvin Kerr Jnr run the company together